Pages

Sunday 14 October 2012

Lone Wolf

Dear Internet,
I had to try a couple of times before I eventually decided to post this.
...But I want to talk about being alone.
About being on the outside, and everyone else turning away or looking down when you're near; when nobody smiles with you. I used to be one of thoses people when I was a small girl, I remember the other children said I was a nobody, and that I would never get anywhere with anything that I did. Although it never truly broke my spirit; I have never truly trusted anyone and I have always been the 'class clown' or 'the genius', or even 'the girl who sings'.
Making friends is hard, I know, but keeping your head held high is so much harder.
 
I love this song. :)
Even though she's not the best singer I understand the lyrics so much.
I love singing too; I alawys have done. Ever since those days of bullying I knew that my own voice could keep me company - I would walk along the playground curb by myself with my hands tucked into my sleeves and a tune by my side, which meant it would be take a song coming from your mouth to be my friend!
I have so many loving and caring friends now, so don't worry. :) It's just that even within my popularity, and although someone always grins or says my name in the corridor, I feel like a lone wolf. Nevertheless, I keep my head held high and I try to joke about; but I feel the jokes are a cover for something much deeper and something that I don't understand...


...yet. ;)

So remember to hang on in there, no matter where you are, because there are 7 billion people on this planet, and out of all of them
                                                at least one person cares.

Love, Bronwyn.

2 comments:

  1. Bronwyn, you don't have to feel like a lone wolf.
    I was one to.
    Popular (sort of) but with no friends.

    T (you know who I am)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I? I do.
      -WAIT-
      A COMMENT?!?!?!
      WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
      Party with my imaginary friends tonight!
      :P

      Delete